Friday, November 24, 2017

Surprise! It's Christmas Ornaments!

For a lot of us, at some time in our lives, we've made Christmas ornaments. Whether you were five and you made them from pipe cleaners or you're 55 (well, okay 56) and you're making them from a host of fancy bits and pieces, it's always fun. Here are a couple I made for the amazing Alpha Stamps folks.
They're bright and cheerful and they have snow in them. Gotta love 'em.
For this tutorial, I began with the Ornament Frame Set-Star.
It has three star pieces, two are the same size and one is slightly larger.
All three stars got paper on one side and the larger one also got a coat of black paint on the other side. I inked the edges of each one with a combination of Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink and Ranger Distress ink in Vintage Photo.
I glued the smaller, solid star (no hole in the middle) to the black painted side of the larger star. I like the contrast of the black with the green and cream stripe.
I used the green stripe paper to fill in the center hole of (what will be) the front star.
And that is now the background for my cute little collage image of this little girl I embellished with little stars and glitter.
Then I added some snow carefully in the center. Not too much or the little plastic window the kit comes with will not stay down and you will block out too much of your image with what looks like a white-out blizzard!
Using a small amount of glue around the flat edge of the window, I stuck it in place, making sure it was centered over the image. I added some pretty black and white twine to the edge and embellished it with lots of sparkle.
I glued this star on to the paper side of the large star and added even more sparkle. Ah, I do love glitter!
I added layers of bows and some pine cones and berries to the top. Pretty!
I used the same techniques with the Santa ornament, just changed the papers slightly but still kept to the same color theme.
Each ornament has a cute phrase appropriate to the image on the front and were also embellished with glitter.

Great as a tag for a gift, a beautiful gift for someone's tree or make a bunch and hang them as a garland!
For a link to all the awesome supplies, click HERE.

SUPPLIES LIST
Ornament Frame Set-Star (Clear plastic dome sold separately)
Ornament Frame Set- Bauble (Clear plastic dome sold separately)
2.5 mm Multicolor Start Sequins
2017 Christmas Ornaments Ribbon Set
Christmastime Evergreen Scrapbook Paper
Papers from the Vintage Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad
Miniature Pinecone Picks
Bakers Twine-Black
Bakers Twine Red
Stickles-Diamond Black, Christmas Red, Lime Green and Gilded Gold
Retro Christmas Collage Sheet
Sweet Christmas Collage Sheet
Fluffy Winter Snow
Clear Plastic Round Domes
Mixed Matte Red, White & Burgundy Berry Sprigs 

Thank you you for dropping in!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Beautiful! I love your color palette.