Tuesday, May 16, 2017

One hundred years old.

I live in a very small town of about 1,000 people. Along with our wonderful farmers market, our library is a huge part of what makes this little town a wonderful place to live.
Our librarian is the soul of the library and has the most wonderful knack of knowing the exact book you want when you need it. He does a lot for us all and we think he is spiffy. His mum is turning one hundred years old this coming week and he has asked friends in the community if we would make her a card....the goal being one hundred cards for her one hundred years.
This is my small contribution to the paper flood that I am sure is coming her way!
 The inside of the card.....
Detail of the left side.......
Such a lovely lady! I hope she gets a veritable sackful of birthday wishes this week!

I was inspired by the wonderful quote on the front of the card, attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt, a fabulous lady herself.
I started out with my quote and some flowers that I played around with on illustrator. Then cut some card stock to the size I needed for my image....
I glued that on the front and while it was drying I painted all of my Gypsy Soul Laser cuts white. Which include;
Ivy Corners
Filigree Frames Shapes Set
and

I made little 'signs' to go inside the frames, glued them in and added sparkle.
I cut out more flowers from my chosen image and then added some fun sparkle to Mom Librarian's glasses and a couple of Swarovski flat-back crystals.
I glued in all the components and added embellishments and little dots to places I felt needed a little pop.
And there she is! All decked out for her birthday!
Happy Birthday pretty lady!

Supplies List;
Ivy Corners
Filigree Frames Shapes Set
and

Additional Supplies:
Acrylic Paint Pen
Stickles Glitter
Swarovski Flat Back Crystals
Collage Images
Card Stock

2 comments:

Holly M said...

This card is a work of art. I know she will be thrilled to receive it.

Artifice said...

You made a fantastic card! Linda